CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The GMHPN is in the process of appointing Executive Committee members - ideally appointing 2 representatives per country, of which one should be young (between ages 18-27).
The aim is also to have all countries represented - but realistically this may take some time to pull together and find suitable candidates to serve on the Country Executive Committee. Therefore calls for applications will continue until such time when all countries have a representative/s on the Committee.
The Executive Committees will function in accordance to the GMHPN Executive Committees' Terms of Reference.
REGIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Country Executive Committee
Key Role of Executive Committees Members
- Identifying local mental health care user groups/movements and facilitate communication between the groups/movements and the Global Office
- Establishment of Country Sub-Committee/s
- Sourcing of content for its website, newsletter and social media and online platforms
- Community intelligence
- Develop short, medium and long-term recommendations in addressing challenges and needs at country level
- Build good standing relationships with stakeholders in the country
- Representing GMHPN at country/ international-level engagement platforms
- Review mental health related documents from lived experience perspectives
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners in implementation of initiatives and advocacy activities
- Participate in quarterly online meetings with the Global Office
- Attend annual face-to-face meeting of the Executive Committees (once funding secured to cover travel and accommodation of delegates)